Thursday, April 2, 2009

Castle in the stupid glass box

Okay.

So if you search back a couple pages, you'll find a post with a design sketch for a sculpture of Ico & Yorda that looks similar to this thing. I completed this sculpture about a year ago, and it's been displayed at school for all of this year, and I still don't have a digital camera but I decided hang it all, I'd borrow someone else's.
Poor Yorda is too tall for the display case (or perhaps the base itself is unnecessarily large.. *cough*) So she's been holding the plastic case up with her head for 11 months, and it's starting to give her a crack in the neck. So much for competent art display.

I made Yorda's dress by dripping tacky glue over a piece of saran-wrap stuck to her waist. Necessary? Maybe.
I really liked the parts of the game where Ico is dragging Yorda through the environment, and when Ico makes a sharp turn Yorda is quite slow to notice the change in direction and gets jerked around like a ragdoll.

No comments:

Post a Comment